What It Does
This patent pending robot is the world’s first polar coordinate based bioprinter. Made for use on the benchtop, under a sterile biosafety cabinet, or in a fume hood.
BioBot™ Basic provides an entry level technology platform for conducting 3D bioprinting research.
- Automated tip detect functionality
- Automated material change via turret assembly
- Automated pressure controls for pneumatic extrusion
- Can print structures requiring up to 5 materials or cell types
- 3-axis motion including rotational stage movement
- Stage leveling capabilities
- Works seamlessly with TSIM®
- TSIM® software has a BioBot™ tab, enabling progress/cancel functionality
- Swappable stage (includes flat stage and well-plate stage)
How it Works
Through the seamless integration with TSIM® 3D tissue models can be designed within the parameters of BioBot™’s unique circular stage. The Turret dispensing print head allows for automated selection and exchange of material via it’s inherent revolving motion. Experiments that require 3D tissue structures printed on glass slides, petri dishes, or multi-well plates, can all be completed on the ease with this benchtop system.
|Printer Dimensions||12”W x 20”T x 22”D(300mm x 520mm x 550mm)|
|Maximum Print Size||ɸ7.5” x 4”T Cylinder(ɸ190mm x 100mm) Cylinder|
|Maximum Print Volume:
||176 in3 (11,340 mm3)|